Monday, May 04, 2009

Food Adventures

I've been way more excited about cooking lately. Probably because I have someone to cook with and for a little more regularly now (Yay!). I've been so excited, in fact, that I've started taking pictures of our creations. And I just realized that every picture I'm going to post was made from a recipe by Isa Moskowitz and Terry Romero so I figure I better link to their Post Punk Kitchen as a shout out before I begin. Their recipes are all vegetarian or vegan. And AMAZING. There. Homage paid. Proceeding.

This is called Mac Daddy (from Veganomicon). We were eating leftovers yesterday and remarking AGAIN how suprisingly delicious this vegan mac and "cheese" is. It really is. For reals. I made the mac and Jake make the broccoli sauteed with garlic medallions and red wine. Oh! And the beverage is homemade iced tea, my aunt Jackie's recipe, which I've slightly adapted: Start with 4L water in a big pot, boil, take off heat. Add 6 orange pekoe tea bags. Steep overnight (this is an ESSENTIAL STEP). In the morning add one can of frozen lemonade or 3/4 c. Lemon juice and 1 c. sugar (or to taste).

This is Eggplant Peanut Soup. With chopped up peanuts and cilantro on top. That is all.


Here we are making green tea cupcakes (from Vegan Cupcakes take over the World):

I am finishing off the marzipan flowers with a dot of yellow icing in the middle. Notice how Jake is keeping an eye on me. Just in case.

Look! They look just like the picture!

We win!

I dress up as a green tea cupcake.


4 comments:

annemarie said...

You are v. cute. POKE! Also, I miss you.

IsaChandra said...

Yes, I google myself. I just have to tell you how cute the marzipan flower in your hair is!

Diedre said...

It's so good to hear from you again!

Lord Kerrance said...

yay, she's back!! The pizza you made the other night looked delicious.