Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Baraka

Since Jan is the boss of me, and she said this, I'm posting now.

The title of this post is Baraka. This is an Islamic word for "blessing". It is also the title of a super-rad movie.

There are several reasons that make this movie awesome:
  1. no plot
  2. no dialogue
  3. shot in 24 countries
  4. cool musique
  5. beautiful scenery
  6. makes several excellent points. Without using words
I know that numbers 1 and 2 don't seem to be assets. But they are. So there.

3 comments:

annemarie said...

i agree. is super cool.

hi steph! i miss you.

Anonymous said...

Baraka is definitely a very cool movie. There's another movie with an incredibly long name that's not anything near english and therefore I can't remember it right now, but it's much like Baraka. Ask Caleb, he'll know exactly which one I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

The movie is called Koyaanisqaatsi and I have it and it's sequel on dvd